LEICA NOCTILUX-M 50mm/f0.95 ASPH - the world’s fastest aspherical 35 mm lens
The new LEICA NOCTILUX-M 50 mm f/0.95 ASPH. represents a new milestone in lens design. It is the successor of the famous NOCTILUX-M 50 mm f/1 marketed by Leica for over 30 years from 1975 onwards. Thanks to state-of-the-art optical and mechanical technology Leica has now been able to make substantial improvements to the predecessor. It has even been possible to “break the optical sound barrier” of lens speed 1:1. The LEICA NOCTILUX-M 50 mm f/0.95 ASPH offers a unique performance spectrum:
* A noticeably higher lens speed has been achieved without any major alterations to the size of the lens.
* The characteristic rendering of the previous 50 mm f/1, valued by many users as a means of creative photography, has been retained at full aperture.
* Slightly stopped down, the lens performs comparably with the LEICA SUMMILUX-M 50 mm f/1.4 ASPH.
* Thanks to a “floating element”, the superb performance is kept even at close focal distances.
* On top of this, the vignetting and distortion values have again been improved on the predecessor model.
* The use of regular polarizing filters (size E82) is possible thanks to a special filter adapter.