The M7 "Starter Set" is offered by Leica at a discounted rate to make it easier for new users to enter the Leica world.
The Leica M7 is a fantastic hybrid of classic Leica values with modern electronic advantages that results in a camera that is faster than ever while still having the soul of a Leica.
There is a certain feel to the mechanical operation of a Leica's functions that is oddly satisfying in an emotional context, and this is the essence of the Leica hallmark. That has not changed, but instead been infused with aperture-priority autoexposure, an informative viewfinder, high-speed flash synchronization and more. The M7 is as whisper-quiet and easy to focus as ever, it just does so with the speed and control that only modern accompaniments can give.
• Large assortment of high performance lenses ranging from 21 to 135mm and speeds as fast as f/1.0
• Extremely reliable performance
• Electronically-controlled, rubberized cloth shutter is still remarkably quiet yet as accurate as a modern vertical-travel metal shutter
• Flash speeds of up to 1/1000th second when combined with dedicated Metz units give the Leica shooter the option of daylight fill flash WITH large background-blurring apertures
• Improved viewfinder still displays the classic framelines and manual metering, yet unobtrusively provides information on shutter speeds, film speed setting, exposure mode & flash readiness along the bottom
• Viewfinder information brightness is adjusted to match the ambient light conditions
• DX film coding
• Two all-mechanical shutter speeds of 1/60th & 1/125th second for batteryless performance
• Stepless shutter speeds from 1/1000th to 32 seconds in aperture-priority autoexposure mode for quick adjustments with total control for the photographer
• Retains the classic Leica M proportions shared by the M3, M4 & M6 series cameras
35mm Interchangeable lens rangefinder camera
Leica M bayonet
Manual & Aperture-priority
TTL (through-the-lens) selective centerweighted
EV -2 To EV +20 with f/1.0 lens at ISO 100
6-6400 (DX coding with ISO from 25-5000)
1/1000th to 1 Second + Bulb
Hot shoe - X-sync at up to 1/50th sec with TTL (through-the-lens) flash metering capability
Speeds of up to 1/1000th second available when used with appropriate Metz flash unit with SCA 3502 adapter
Manual with lever
0.72x magnification (meaning that what you see in the viewfinder appears to be 72% of lifesize). Brightline frames for 28, 35, 50, 75, 90 and 135mm automatically engaged with attachment of lens. Optional viewfinders for 21 and 24mm lenses mount in the flash shoe.
LED symbols for Flash status, Exposure mode, Film speed, Shutter speed, Lighting exceeding metering range & Classic > / 0 / < manual metering
Available optionally from -3 to +3
Possible with optional standard mechanical cable release
Two 3-Volt 2L76 (DL 1/3N) lithium batteries
5.4 x 3.1 x 1.5" (138.0 x 79.5 x 38mm) WxHxD
1.23 lb (610 g)